Your faith community can make a major global impact from right where you are. Rise Against Hunger offers the unique opportunity to host a hands-on international service project at the location of your choice. Our world is rapidly changing, but one thing that remains constant in the faith community is the call to serve those in need.
- Hosting a Rise Against Hunger event builds attendance and membership as volunteers from your local community gain exposure to your organization.
- Position your event to build momentum for the start of a faith season or campaign.
- Meal packaging events tangibly engage younger generations in your mission and make great youth service projects.
- Events promote volunteer engagement and team building — they are a unique and fun way to “break the mold” of a traditional event while working together toward a common goal.
- Partnering with Rise Against Hunger helps transform lives! Not only will the lives of those that receive the meals be transformed, but attendees feel the transformational experience for those that they are serving.
Let us help your community make a lasting impact in the lives of people in need around the globe. By packaging nutritious meals, respond to crisis, or supporting a sustainable initiative, you are making a real difference for the 1 in 9, or 815 million, people who experience hunger on a daily basis.
Let’s make an impact together! Contact me today:
Rev. Kevin Magee
Manager, Faith-Based Global Partnerships
Rise Against Hunger is a proud partner of CRS Helping Hands. Helping Hands is a high-energy, hands-on way for Catholics in the U.S. to tackle hunger around the world. Volunteers package nutritious meals for people in Burkina Faso suffering from food shortages and famine.
CRS Helping Hands: Embody Christ’s Love
CRS Helping Hands is a Catholic volunteer and formation event that allows participants to serve their brothers and sisters overseas in a tangible way. Rooted in the Eucharistic imperative to be the hands and feet of Christ in the world, participants work together to address hunger in both the short term and the long term.
CRS educates volunteers about the people and country they are helping, ships the meals and provides skills training and other long-term programs that help break the cycle of hunger. To learn more, please watch this CRS Helping Hands video.
We need to cultivate a universal responsibility for one another and the planet we share.14th Dalai Lama
Generously offer food to the hungry and meet the needs of the person in trouble; then your light will rise in the darkness, and your gloom become like noon.Isaiah 58:10
Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.John Wesley
Those who are nourished by the Bread of Christ cannot remain indifferent to those who do not have their daily bread.Pope Francis
Those who spend their wealth [in Allah ‘s way’] by night and by day, secretly and publicly – they will have their reward with the Lord. And no fear will there be concerning them, nor will they grieve.Al-Baqara 2:274
If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one.Mother Teresa