Rise Against Hunger Richmond was founded in 2009 and serves the central southeastern Virginia region. In 2019, more than 20,100 local volunteers and partnering organizations, including Genworth Financial, St Ann’s Catholic Church, Orange Rotary and The Steward School, have helped build the local movement to end global hunger. In this region alone, through 2019, about 28.8 million meals have been packaged to benefit 24 countries.
We are looking for volunteer teams of 4-5 to take ownership of one week each year that they will come into the warehouse to assist with meal stacking, bin cleaning, equipment upkeep, etc. Ready to get started? Please complete our volunteer interest form and we’ll be in touch soon! If you are interested in hosting a meal packaging event, please fill out the form below.
Richmond Community Engagement Board
The Rise Against Hunger Richmond location is supported by the following Community Engagement Board members:
- John Simmons, Senior Associate, Jones Lang La Salle
- Lalita Potluri, Senior Manager | AERS Deloitte & Touche, LLP
- Mark O’Brien Staff Attorney, Supreme Court of Virginia
- Katherine Mayo, IT Solutions, United Methodist Family Services
- Joshua Jeffreys, Director of Religious Life, University of Richmond
- Frank Lynch, Assistant General Council, Allianz Global Assistance
- Carrie Jennings, IT Architect, Design Manager, Genworth Financial
Driven by the vision of a world without hunger, the Community Engagement Board seeks to educate and empower individuals and community groups in central Virginia to have a personal impact in improving the lives and future of the world’s most vulnerable.