Rise Against Hunger Pittsburgh was founded in 2015 and serves the Greater Pittsburgh region, including northern and eastern Ohio, western Pennsylvania, western New York and northern West Virginia. In 2017, nearly 10,600 local volunteers and partnering organizations, including Kraft Heinz, Western PA United Methodist Conference and West Alexander Presbyterian Church, have helped build the local movement to end global hunger. In this region alone, through 2017, more than 5.7 million meals have been packaged to benefit 10 countries.
Pittsburgh Local Advisory Board
The Rise Against Hunger Pittsburgh location is supported by the following local advisory board members:
- Dennis Allan, Campus Pastor, North Way Christian Community’s Oakland Campus
- Michael Delie, Partner at Smith Viceroy Capital, CEO and Founder of Delie Commercial Finance, Secretary of Pittsburgh’s North Side Rotary Club
- Michele Kloes, Manager of Corporate Affairs, The Kraft Heinz Company
- Shaun Starkey, Rise Against Hunger Pittsburgh’s Inaugural Assistant Program Manager, Customer Success Specialist, Jazz.co
- Kurt Werner, Assistant Director of Admissions, Carnegie Mellon University